A gameplay trailer has been launched by developers Monolith for their upcoming trip into Tolkien’s middle Earth. Lord of the Rings Guardians of Middle Earth. Players will be given the option to take control of one of twenty guardians and march into battle. All the usual suspects are lining up – Gandalf the Grey, Sauron and Gollum! While everyone’s favourite fish munching miscreant may not be an obvious choice for a battle ally, the trailer shows this Gollum packs a punch which will be interesting to see play out. The graphics look sharp and crisp while the action appears fast paced. Honestly what more could you want.
Lord of the Rings: Guardians of Middle earth will be available on the PC,Xbox 360 and PS3 this Fall.
A shadow grows over Middle-earth as the greatest armies of the Third Age prepare for the coming battle. Take up arms in the clash over Middle-earth with the most powerful heroes from the greatest fantasy epic of all time. Form memorable and unlikely alliances with and against friends as the wildly popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena genre comes to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.
- Enter the fray in epic 5 versus 5 engagements with live players or AI combatants
- Fight as over 20 iconic guardians from Middle-earth — each with different strengths and abilities to develop and master
- Purchase items and buffs between matches using in-game currency earned through combat
- Track victories and defeats at any time through stat and leaderboard systems
- Coordinate with allies using in-game voice communication for a uniquely social Multiplayer Online Battle Arena experience
- Engage in the continuing conflict over Middle-earth with new guardians to be revealed post launch, with several released in conjunction with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey motion picture to deliver gamers a deeper connection to Peter Jackson’s epic film